Tuesday, July 10, 2012

"Eco-guilt"?!! I share that w/ the town I live in, thx!

One of the few things I liked about the last place I lived was - the recycling! 

SERIOUSLY!

There was one bucket for everything and anything (no sorting and separating like in NJ) and - said assigned bucket was on wheels!  No lifting and straining!

Honey, I recycled every last thing down to used pens and toilet paper holders.

I no longer recycle.  I am still amazed at the size and amount of trash bags I haul outta here for one person, one dog!

Yes - if I asked (its not mandatory) I would be given a small container.  Which I can tell from the few I do see at kerbside, is never big enough for anyone.  The problem is - I wouldn't be able to lift it, once I fill it ... ergo --

But there IS a solution!

I pay around twelve bucks a month for trash pickup.  What that means is this:  there is a rusted out on the bottom metal container that a company comes out once a week and heaves into there truck with hoists.

Believe me I've seen everything and anything go in there from dog feces to an entire COUCH.

How about we go modern here and put in not only a newer unit, but a double unit - the second one being for recycling???

C'mon, Elkton, I know you can, I know you can!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment