Tuesday, July 31, 2012

"big deal". I could just tell it was going to change my life,

Today, I brought CoCo to a new-to-her, groomer ...

No small task, this one:  CoCo is 15 years old, still has very strong Rottie chest muscles so that she can pull me off my feet when I walk her BUT weak back legs, and is pretty much terrified of anything and everything w/o her beloved sister of the heart, Myndie, but Mommy at least is a decent, 2d place-r ...

I noticed this over Christmas, and it still holds true:  while I have a perfectly good doggy ramp and she could just walk easily right into the back seat like her sister did, she REFUSES - instead, she climbs up to the back floor with her front two paws and "hangs" - and waits for me to pick up the back end!  Getting out is more difficult, and we actually had a crash that scared the bejesus out of me - but she sat there and laughed, as in "I meant that to happen, yeahhhh!"

I figured I would sit and wait at the grooming parlor ... so she was bathed, given a bandana like her big sis used to love, and had her nails clipped.  The woman said she was so well-behaved! that she just sat there and let it be.  Methinks there is a lesson for me in there ....

No comments:

Post a Comment