Thursday, August 25, 2011

All I needed was at that table

The next set of pictures in my album was taken at the table at my first wedding, at the reception.  This is a rare and treasured photo of my Aunt Bobbi (mom's sister), Cousin Carole (Aunt Bobbi's only child, a daughter, just like Mom), my godparents (Aunt Mary & Uncle Dick), my mom, & Mr & Mrs. Steinbach.  The only person missing is my Dad, obviously and apparently because he was the picture-taker ;)

I think of where I was at emotionally at that point in my life:  rushing heedlessly and head-on into finding and creating my own family, rejecting out of hand the one I had been born into, by adoption and geography.  Sitting here now at age 48, there is nothing I would like more than to have all their collective wisdoms back in my life!!!  
I had everything I needed for a successful life right there, but I was too blind to really see what was right in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment