Thursday, September 8, 2011

Unpleasant encounter

Just now I went out to the front of my house to retrieve my mail- a very ordinary errand!  Maybe I'm just feeling so overwhelmed, so 'ringspun', that this bothers me enough to blog about it, but, hey - isn't that partially why I started a blog in the first place?! ...

A couple was just coming around the block walking a mini Schnauzer, as I hit my kerbside mailbox ... now, I'll be honest:  I've never met a Schnauzer that wasn't snappish - and here was my exception!  :)  The doggy and I had a wonderful! encounter, in which I rubbed him and he sniffed me - in a polite way, and, in no personal parts.  And I laughed about it - "yes, I know!  I smell like a dog AND I ate something good!"

So you're sitting here looking head-on with a serious expression on your face and saying, "what's so unpleasant about THAT, Jeannee?!"

The woman laughed, this wonderful, feminine, giggly, I love my dog and I love to walk my dog and I love my doggy to encounter other people who love doggys, laugh.  The guy went right into surly, issuing commands as if the mini-Schnauzer should be in a boot camp, ferchrissakes, and not do what doggys do, which is --

Wag.  Smile.  Sniff.  Kiss.

Yeah, believe me - give me a few minutes and I could even find the Scripture that talks about how in the last days people will have no natural affection (as well as a whole laundry list of other evils).  That's the intellectual///spiritual side of me ...

The emotional side of me wanted to bitchslap him into next week and say, LIGHTEN UP, PAL!!!  LET YOUR DOGGY BE A DOGGY AND FOR PITY'S SAKES, BUD, WHERE ELSE IN YOUR LIFE ARE YOU TRYING TO BOOTCAMP INTIMIDATE SOULS INTO BEING NOT LIKE THEMSELVES - OH, SHOULD I ASK THE MRS. ...?!

No comments:

Post a Comment