Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A different class ...

September 7th:  29 years ago today, I was a very young woman, and I was in St. Peters Hospital in New Brunswick, NJ, and - I had my daughter, Brianne Lee.  In fact, by this time - 9:32 pm - I was most likely dozing after a labor that ended by 3 in the afternoon and visitors that walked in as I lay in my hospital bed and smoked cigarettes (because you could do that THEN) and/or conversing with my roommate, whose daughter's name was Siohban Zerlina Botsford - honey, if you're reading this, I'd like to take a look at how YOUR 29 years have gone since that day :)

Always a hard day for me, with the estrangement from my daughter - its sharp, this day ... and then the things that went on today - well, the evening would have been hard on ANY day, but falling on today - yeesh - maybe I should have r/s! 

Its a different class of problems I have today - a different life, too, one I could not have even begun to imagine when I was in that new Mommy honeymoon phase in the hospital room overlooking the vo-tech ...

No comments:

Post a Comment