Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The motel story

I was just writing one of my fiction stories in my notebook, and what came to my mind was a story of what happened in a motel once when I was traveling, so I decided to share it here ...

See, when I travel, I like the old-style motels where you park right outside the door: then you don't have to go down all these long hallways AND all your stuff is right outside your front door!  That's for me!  A bonus of traveling with dogs is that these are the types of motels most available to you - I've found out that dogs don't really care for elevators ("the floor is moving?!") ....

I think this was just me and CoCo, so this was probably about two years ago? - or maybe I did have Myndie, and that would put it about three years ago?  Anyway... it was a standard motel, altho this one was two stories and I did request and get the first floor...you have a door, and you have one big window - which always reminds me of the window of the house I had in Harrisonburg, which was 96 inches long and very hard to find curtains for! - and yes that's relevant to the story...

Now, I'm not one to complain in a motel.  I've covered alot of ground over the years and seen and overheard plenty of different stuff, but this - argh!  There was a drunken party going on upstairs and these guys were REALLY LOUD, to where the canine population of my room and other rooms were barking ... so, I called the front desk.  "Yeah," the weary clerk signed, "we've had quite a few calls actually - but I'm here by myself, so we're waiting on the cops"....

Before the cops could roll out, I heard the most tremendous crash - it literally shook the building, and that's saying something!!!  Pretty soon, here come the sirens ... okay, I figured, cops are here now - its safe - I'll just go walk my dog (s) ;)  ...

I found myself in a small crowd of staring people from the parking lot - that party-hearty room:  they had thrown one of their buddies through the plate glass window ;-  The guy apparently "only" hit the balcony and didn't go over it - but - my God!  If I was that guy, I would change friends AND find sobriety, fast!!!!!  (I wonder if they greased his sides before...)

No comments:

Post a Comment