Sunday, August 7, 2011

The kitchen is starting to look naked ....

I've started to take down the things I have in the kitchen.  You see, I hate naked and colorless walls and yes even cabinet doors, so I've put all sorts of special articles and cards from friends, et al, all over ...

When I had the house in Harrisonburg (yes, the one I should have been resistant to giving up - that one) I had an interior hallway that had five louver doors in it (two closets, a half closet, and then two doors for the washer-dryer).  Even when I hung stuff on the walls, those plain white doors - I couldn't get used to that!  So I had David take every one of them down and he spray painted them - each one a different color!  It was like a tropical Florida hallway!   I absolutely loved it!!!!!!!!!  Any and every time I walked down that hallway in my home, it was mine, it was vivid, and I just loved it!  I was recently describing this to someone and they looked at me kind of like I was that woman in "The Mitford Files", Rose ;-  Sorry, I'm not a traditional type!  

And so taking down my kitchen - sigh.  Its growing more and more naked, more and more plain, and I don't like that - I almost have to steel myself to go in there now - but it also means I'm getting myself readier to go ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment