Thursday, August 11, 2011

Friday: St Jane Frances de Chantal

Saint Jane, you forgave the man who killed your husband. Help me learn to forgive a particular person in my life who has caused me harm. You know how difficult it is to forgive. Help me to take the steps you took to welcome this person back into my life. Amen
Prayer to Saint Jane Frances de Chantal
----------------------------------------------
In reading her story, I don't know what was harder to forgive:  the accidental hunting death of her husband, OR later having to live with a father-in-law who reads like someone skidding into dementia, someone who was definitely abusive.  

I do know that her faith brought her comfort.  +
I like this saint, I especially like this prayer!!!!  For there is a whole laundry list of people that have whipped me emotionally, spiritually, financially, even a few physically, that I need to forgive them.  By this point in time I know that it is a journey, this process of forgiveness, at least it is for me, and so I'm especially interested in this prayer as an extra way of working towards forgiveness, from one of the traditions of the Catholic church.

Thanks to the Church in Maryland, I believe it is, named for this saint, who has a web presence complete with biography, prayers, even a portrait of this soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment