Saturday, December 15, 2012

No pictures for Christmas!

There are certain Christmas cards I didn't yet send (including one that goes overseas) that are going to be more than 'fashionably-late' ... and  that's because of a dual-headed snafu with Rite-Aid and Fuji Film ...

I had a disposable camera to develop and didn't want to drive into Harrisonburg (32 mile round trip, from closing my door to opening it again), ergo, I went here to Rite-Aid - now, about Rite-Aid --

I've had various problems with Rite-Aid (as well as some big name box drugstores) in the past that almost always fall under the category of : we built up SO FAST we have to grab our pharmacists by the hair as they graduate - therefore, they have plenty of book knowledge, but no actual business skills (and, more often than not, no common sense) --

but I was just dropping off film.

and that was last week.

So I went into Rite-Aid this evening to see if I was developed ... and right away I bunked into the problem of Emily, the teenager with the silky smooth jet black hair ...

I've been in there just enough to realize she's not an exasperated, surly teenager (picture the Jersey Shore reality show) with everyone - just women of my age, the age of probably her mother.  Ergo, she has mother issues, and I just happen to be a representative of that 'tribe' ...

and Emily is the only one working.

even the pharmacy is closed tighter than a slipcover (at 8.30 on a night when the store is open until 11?! which means anyone with an emergency will have to go into Harrisonburg and hit Maul-Mart).

and sucking in the air she exhales and leaning over her as she stocks shelves is a young man her age who just can't wait for her to get off, so he can.

so now she's doubly p'o ed she has to wait on me.  greaaaatttt

WHAT DO YOU MEAN MY FILM HASN'T EVEN BEEN SENT OUT YET WHEN I DROPPED IT OFF MIDDLE OF LAST WEEK?!  WHAT DO YOU MEAN THAT MY PICTURES WON'T BE BACK UNTIL AFTER CHRISTMAS?!  WHY HASN'T FUJI BEEN NOTIFIED THEY HAVE A PICKUP HERE?!  (ARE THEY TEN TIMES MORE LIKELY TO PICK UP IN, SAY, HARRISONBURG???  I NEED TO KNOW THAT, SO FOR THE NEXT TIME, I'LL SKIP THE RITE-AID LOCALLY .... OF COURSE, SURLY SUE EMILY THERE WOULDN'T EVEN BEGIN TO KNOW THAAAAAT)

Rite-Aid, and Fuji Film, you have some 'splaining to do ... and as for my local Rite-Aid:  is Emily related to someone, making her hard-to-fire?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment