Monday, June 11, 2012

Questions ... on turning 49

I saw these questions answered by a blogger who arrives in my email as "Sugar Coat It ...", so I thought in honor of my birthday, I would answer them, too !

1. You’re taking a three month holiday, no expenses spared, do you cruise the oceans or fly the skies?
 Cruise, I say !
2. If you could ask God for one world-wide miracle, what would it be?
A complete end to every single variety of lying.
3. Would you choose sky diving or deep sea diving? (why?)
Neither!  Love the ocean but I'd rather watch videos of deep sea divers than actually participate!. 
4. Would you choose having your wishes granted or having the power to grant wishes?
. This question actually made me pause - let me be more specific: my personal answer, to this question, is what made me pause!  For almost all of my life I would say 'the power to grant wishes' (and not because of my name and some cheesy 60s tv show, either, lol!) but as I get older and see more of how the world operates, I've become more and more insular and I would say 'my wishes granted'.  And that makes me pause, because I realize what I've become ... and I just feel too world-weary-knowledgable to be able to go back the other direction.
5. If you could pick a song to be a world anthem, what would it be?
What A Wonderful World
6. Do you dream in black and white or colour?
Colour. 
7. Three-course meals or one-pot dinners?
At home one pot dinners. Out, three course meals. It might have to do with the amount of dishes involved.  - I have to totally agree w/ the blogger here!!!
8. Do you menu plan, shop for two weeks worth of ingredients, then serve up toast and jam for dinner?
No meal plan here. I'm just one person!. 
9. Do you dye your hair a totally different colour from what nature intended?
No. 
10. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
Someplace by the ocean, perferably w/ seasons - most likely the Jersey Shore. 
11. Do you change your home decor to suit the seasons or do you just leave things as they are year in year out?
My decor is fairly standard throughout the year. If there’s a change it’s not seasonal at all. Just when the urge takes me to rearrange stuff. - again, totally agreeing w/ the blogger!

2 comments:

  1. oh jeannee, i am afraid of cruise ships, i saw titanic!! i was not surprised to see your answer to #10, but it gave me pause to appreciate where i live!!

    this entry shows photo's of me holding the baby alpaca. he is only one day old!!

    http://itsallaboutpurple-debbie.blogspot.com/2012/06/rural-thursday-blog-hop-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy you came back and enjoyed that entry. i knew you would!!

    ReplyDelete