Thursday, September 8, 2011

Obama's speech

Coming home from the store just now, I needed something on the radio - I don't always drive with it on, but right now I was a little tired from having gone into two stores and I need to hear some voices ... I should have flipped to the Christian station, but they can be - odd - at this hour of the night - sometimes you get some alternative health 'preacher man' -- plus, ok, it was already on NPR and so that was just easier to press 'on'.

Oh - the President is speaking.  He's at the podium.  Sure, okay, let me hear what he has to say ...

Good thing I was already in my development, and there weren't the usual choking of parked cars, either, on the road I was on, when he made his statement about people who can't wait 14 months for the next election to bring about some magic change - they need it NOW.

I took my hands off the wheel, and I applauded.

And I cried.

I can't say I'm a Mr. Obama supporter, necessarily - he's done some things that make me question him being swept into office on emotionalism and symbolism.  But every once in a while, he does something that makes me want to stand up and SHOUT!

Well sitting behind the wheel of an SUV, I couldn't exactly do THAT ;)  But I could, and I did!, applaud ... and cry.

Because I'm a people who can't wait ... who lives check to check and who feels like she's a losing gambler here.

Well-said, Mr. O!  Err ... whose your speechwriter?

No comments:

Post a Comment