Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Get the other antenni! He's helpless without them!

On a day like today, I think one of the best things I can do to calm myself down, is to watch a treasure:  "THEM!" from 1954, which I rented on Amazon.  I've watched it so often, I have the lines memorized.  I watched it as a kid - always promising myself that when I got to be a grown-up woman, I would go to a seamstress and have those style of heirloom women's suits made - sigh, something else that never got done. 

I was just crying at the part where the little Ellison girl is shocked back to reality - it reminded me of what I used to do as a kid when the movie was on tv:  I would run screaming out of my bedroom, "THEM!  THEM!"  My mother always went pale, but quickly regained herself - "that movie's on AGAIN?!"  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment