Thursday, October 18, 2012

The blessing in the battery

Yesterday, I was supposed to have an appointment w/ a doctor

and I walked out and

dead battery

I kept telling myself that this wasn't actually quite so bad:  I had gotten stuck in front of my own apartment; it moved me off my "yeah I have to get around to that" needing to renew my triple A; and maybe the biggest piece of all for me in this was that every time the panic came back up, I kept reminding myself, "at least you have the money for a new battery and you're not stuck here!!!"

So, ok - Triple A came out here .... and the guy said it wouldn't even jump start (yeah, I saw that - right outside my apartment and all like that) and I needed a new battery ... alright, pal, and how much is that going to run me??? ...

AND THEN CAME THE BLESSING IN THE BATTERY

My vehicle is a 2004

I purchased it from a used car dealer circa 2009

I not only drove around Lexington, Kentucky ... I drove from Lexington to NJ and back (800 miles) and then drove Lexington to Virginia (half that distance) and then last holiday season I drove Virginia to NJ & (of course) now I drive around Virginia ...

And the year is 2012

The guy - when he went to replace the old battery - he was a little taken aback

YOU SEE ... THE BATTERY IN MY VEHICLE WAS THE ORIGINAL ONE, THAT WAS PLACED IN THERE IN THE FACTORY WHEN IT WAS FIRST BUILT

So that battery had even more blessing in it, than I realized!!!!  THANK YOU, LORD +


2 comments:

  1. haha, the best part is that you were home and not stranded in some parking lot, in the dark, in the snow (what else can we add) hehe

    and perhaps you missed that doctor visit. that would be the bestest part ;))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I had no clue they lasted that long!

    ReplyDelete