Thursday, April 4, 2013

The words of Dr Pettit - my heart resonates!

I pinned this Oprah transcript I came across quite accidentally, while researching someone else ... Dr Pettit is the only survivor of a horrific home invasion that took the lives of his 2 daughters & beloved wife.  Oprah interviewed him.  There were things he said that I just sat here reading them and - I had to stop & scribble them down in my notebook!  I pinned the article.  And now, I want to share them on my own blog:

Forgiving the essence of evil is not appropriate.

(About people telling him to live in the moment)  "That's ok for people who have a past they can touch and a future they can dream for - but when you feel like alot of your past is gone and there's no future, the present loses some meaning"  (He then talks next about his faith - specifically, how his belief in an afterlife, and especially about being reunited with his family - have kept him from suicide)

I just don't think you can lose your whole family and have closure.  There's a jagged hole in your heart & in your soul that - over time - the waves of goodness maybe smooth the jagged edges, but the hole remains. 

2 comments:

  1. "Often the test of courage is not to die ... but to live" Vittorio Alfieri

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know how to good a good impression

    ReplyDelete