Saturday, April 20, 2013

Daily Post Prompt

A woman named Cheri Lucas, I believe it is, wrote this excellent Daily Post Prompt:

"In the DC comics universe, a planet called "Htrae" ("Earth" spelled backwards) is populated with bizarre versions of superheroes. A Seinfeld episode made the idea of this Bizarro World popular, where the characters encountered their opposite selves.  Craft a scene in which you meet an opposite version of yourself -- or a story in a bizarre, backwards world."
 That's actually very simple for me to do!  The opposite of what Jeannee is today, right now, sitting here typing this out, is the Jeannee I thought I would grow up to be when I was in high school (especially the latter years) :  a happily married mother of at least six children, a homemaker; someone surrounded by family and pets and as many beautiful and neatly-kept items as I see now in online blogs ... and in walking through the Target store, like I did earlier today ... There are some people's blogs that I follow just because they are the opposite version of myself, because they are living the life that I thought I would grow to have -- so reading them, I guess you can rightly say!, delivers me to Htrae!

No comments:

Post a Comment