Thursday, February 14, 2013

Daily Prompt for Feb 14, 2013

I don't usually read Michelle's Daily Prompts in writing, which this wonderful woman writes from her blog (and is delivered to my email), ergo, you may just see some of these 'out of time' ;)  However, I actually happen to be 'on-time' today!  (Imagine so! ;) )  Her Daily Prompt for Val Day is as follows:

It's Valentine's Day, so write an ode to someone or something you love. Bonus points for poetry!

The other day I was walking out my front door to go someplace, and I turned back around and said through the open door - "love you!!!".  My neighbor was outside and he looked at me very queerly, as he knows I live alone - or so he would say.  "I'm talking to CoCo!" I had him cracking up in laughter when he realized that I said that to my 16 year old doggy ;)  !

Its true:  I do love CoCo <3 and here is my Ode To CoCo:

I love you because - along w/ your sister of the heart, the late beloved Myndie Ruth - you proved I would be a good mother (dog or otherwise!) ... because you love me ... because you love me even when I'm whiny///irritated ... because you loved your sister so very much! and you even have loved the unloveable, people who need///needed to be rescued from there wounds, as much as you did, when you came to live w/ us in 1999! ....I love you because you loved your Grandpa, even tho you didn't know him when he was well, and he was quite unsure about you for a while - even while he was still uncertain, and rattling around in his dementia - you loved him! ....

I love you because we have such a long, shared history together.

I love you because you're still here, and that means that even a wounded, lonely soul like myself still gets to say "I love you!!!" out loud!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment