Friday, February 22, 2013

CoCo's Lenten Mizpah

I had a rough time overnight - body pain, much more than the usual lousy normal, due to a combination of moving things in my storage locker yesterday with weather arriving today ...

So around 5.30 this morning I decided to go to "7" : get the papers ... and breakfast ... except there was a problem w/ the idea of a breakfast sandwich already made-up, hot, waiting in the warmer:

Meat.  And it's Friday in Lent.

I figured - ok - well - I'll just have to throw it out, the meat ... can't reheat it - don't have a micro & I haven't yet gotten around to getting a toaster-oven ... and CoCo doesn't like breakfast meats, strangely enough: she of the "eat everything! I'm partially beagle, after all!" variety ;)

So I am sitting here and CoCo is giving me The Eye : her hyperextended staring "can I hypnotize you?!" look she gives me whenever I'm eating something like soup, that she knows she's getting part of it ... "You don't want THIS!" I laughed ... and then ... she. just. wouldn't. stop. staring!

"See?"

SHE ATE THE SAUSAGE PATTY - THE ENTIRE THING!

And that was her Lenten blessing to me, that I didn't have to waste food, and didn't have to listen to the niggling voice inside that was whining that I should eat it, rather than waste it.

BLESS YOU, DEAR DOGGY OF MINE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment