Monday, January 28, 2013

Anxiety in the house

I tried ... I really, really did  try!

But the anxiety was already roiling in my stomach as I drove up Rt. 33.

There would be no way! I could sit in a dental chair today for a procedure ;-  Hey, at least I was actually able to walk in, explain my problem, and even offer to pay for a missed session!

Here's the thing I want to say about anxiety:

IT DOESN'T SWITCH ITSELF OFF AUTOMATICALLY JUST BECAUSE I'VE REMOVED MYSELF FROM THE SITUATION THAT'S MAKING ME ANXIOUS

And I knew that (but I didn't know if YOU my readers, knew that) ... anyway, I took myself for something good & filling to eat (because sometimes it's not having enough food in my stomach that can make it spiral even more out of control - not that I'd been able to eat much beforehand - yeahhh, too anxious!)

The food was very good, and filling! but it didn't quell the anxiety --

-- which followed me all the way back home (wheee, wheee, wheee, cried the little anxiety pig!)

I tried to lay down.

I had to get up and take some anti-anxiety meds.  Because it hasn't stopped - its still whirring and shaking away on the inside.  And I bet you --

-- yeahhh: when the meds kick in, I'll be laying back down zzzz

But you know what???

I will more than likely wake up anxiety-free :)

And that is a very, very good thing !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment