Saturday, November 5, 2011

I didn't think I was 'one of those'

In my email arrives a subscription from Marci Shimoff.  The one I was just reading was from someone new she is collaborating w/, Rick Hanson.  It was an entire post on how to handle it when someone hurts you (very short form there, sorry - but that's the jist).  The quote that got to me was this one:

Recognize the humbling yet wonderful truth: most of the time, we are bit players in other people's dramas.

Today is a wedding of someone I once thought of, as a friend.  No, not invited ; in fact, I was frozen out a couple of years back - as I see it, when there life shifted - rather than see if Jeannee was cool with the shift and could adapt to the change, roll with it -- they simply froze me out.  OUCH!

So I read this email thinking, 'Well, this might pull me out of the underneath it all funk I've had going on today because of what day it is" -- and then I came across what  I've quoted above.  Um - really?!  Gee, I felt like I was a pretty important and solid friend - and now u r telling me I was only a bit player?!

OUCH!!!  Screw the self-help crap today -now, I need help, to get over the help ;-

2 comments:

  1. the words are sad and i don't agree. things happen, people change....people grow apart, someone gets hurt!! all soooo sad but true.

    it is difficult to read your words and feel your pain. there are so many wonderful people in the world, really loving and caring. surround yourself with only those people, who lift you up and make you feel good about yourself......you do the same for them.

    a real friend is someone who walks in, when the rest of the world walks out. true friends last forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Losing a friend is utterly heartbreaking. It's times like these I turn to http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fk-It-Way/21936847903 - always puts things back into perspective for me. Big hugs for you xoxoxooxxo

    ReplyDelete