Tuesday, December 25, 2012

What is WRONG with Food Lion?!

One of the big advantages to moving back here, that I couldn't wait to experience again, was in having more than one brand of supermarket! 

And then, I got here ...

My local Food Lion is infamous (even after there much-touted renovation) for not having big selections and usual name brands on products - but hey they're 24 hours and if you don't want to drive the 32 mile round trip into Harrisonburg at dark o'clock --- but that's not even where I'm most mad at this store --

It started with the teeth I fractured over the summer on there so-called fresh produce, which is really hothouse-grown, so it was about as hard as my kitchen counter -- in a rural area with so many farms, THIS is what you sell?!

So I avoid the produce aisle ...

And now, I find someplace else to avoid ...

Today is Christmas.  Its foggy, and cold ... I'm having some physical symptoms here, so getting washed, dressed, AND driving into Harrisonburg, just doesn't ring my Christmas chimes, sorry - but hey that's ok!  Because I went shopping at Food Lion, and I can make meatloaf!

The meat has gone bad.

So essentially I've learned that if its any FRESH product - nothing from the frozen or canned aisle (unless of course it's one of the name brands they don't have) - I really should just go into Harrisonburg, anyway ...

I just wish I hadn't learned this on Christmas -- nowhere near like the Christmas I had a life-altering car accident, but a teeth-grinder, nevertheless ...

No comments:

Post a Comment