Friday, November 9, 2012

"How Deep It Goes" ....

There was a song - I had it on a 45 at one time - I believe it was by Heart - which had an evocative, haunting lyric that sang "No one knows //// how deep it goes ..."  -- that's running through my head right now, as I sit down to type out this thing I want to blog about, so I figured it was a very appropriate title ...

Whenever I work on old resentments and anger and bitterness, I pretty much figure I'm starting with this century - with things that have happened to me over the past, say, half a dozen years ... then, on Weds, I found myself in a conversation with a woman who is at present going through something that I experienced in the 80s and earlier part of the 90s - and as I spoke to her, in a "yeahhh I've been there too sister let me tell you my experience!", I don't know if you could hear it in my voice? but I could feel it deep inside of me, and it was telling me this:

Jean, you have been embittered for a looong time now : its just more ingredients have been added to the soup.

WOW.  I don't even know what else to say ... I tried to ask myself last night that therapeutic question - "and so if you let go of the bitterness around this situation, what would you lose that you don't want to???" - but I couldn't even see the wisp of smoke of an answer. 

In other words:  I don't know how to look at these situations without grief, anger, frustration, and bitterness.

WOW.  I don't even know what else to say ...

No comments:

Post a Comment