Friday, May 11, 2012

West Quoddy!!! They even have West Quoddy!!!

"If you only go to the beach once a year, make sure there's a full moon so you can see it shine across the water.  It sets the water rippling and stirs the soul, making both a  little more restless, tender, and wild."  Julianna Baggott


When I walked into my local Goodwill the other day, I was absolutely bowled over by the sheer number they had of very big, color photograph, 2012 calenders of one of my favorite subjects - lighthouses!  - and when I realized there was even my favorite, West Quoddy, it was 'more than sold'!

But how?! and why?!! were they in Goodwill?!!

They became a donation when they became 'manufacturer's rejects' ... the hang-hole, which was supposed to be a solid round circle, was instead - open.

Oh.  So you have to stick the thumbtack through the pages, huh?

THAT'S FRIGGIN IT?!!!

As I looked this over and was astonished, I realized - here sits a life metaphor, doesn't it?!!  About how often we reject things because they aren't up to standards, to some predetermined "but this is always how it's worked" standard - especially (and as I'm one, I can damm well say it!) - disabled people ...

Think about this (please) & let me know (in the comments) where this metaphor applies in your life ...

No comments:

Post a Comment